Game Plan is a program developed jointly between the Canadian Olympic Committee (“COC”), Canadian Paralympic Committee (“CPC”), The Government of Canada – Sport Canada (“Sport Canada”) and Canadian Olympic and Paralympic Sport Institute Network (“COPSI Network”) (together the “Parties”) to address athletes’ transition into, within and beyond sport, with a focus on the design and implementation of programs in education, career & lifestyle management (“Game Plan”).
What is personal information?
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual and could include for example, the name, date of birth, home address and phone number, personal e-mail address, marital status, credit card information or other personal information about such identifiable individual.
How do we collect information?
- Facebook: public profile, friend list, email address, birthday, interests, current city, personal description and likes.
- Twitter: read tweets from your twitter timeline, see who you follow, update your profile, post tweets for you.
- LinkedIn: full profile, email address, your connections Note: this could include work product information.
- Google+: basic profile, list of people in your circles, email address, your contacts.
- Instagram: access to basic information including your photos, friend lists and profile introduction.
Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information?
Some of the purposes for which Parties may collect, use and disclose your personal information on this Website are:
- To facilitate communication with you
- To administer your participation in Game Plan
- To grant you/enable you to access certain special features, services or areas of the Website
- To process any of your requests for information
- To permit you to subscribe to Real Simple Syndication (RSS) feeds to receive updates on Game Plan news, information and Website
- To announce special events
- To advise you of changes to our Website
- To perform data analytics on our Website and in relation to Game Plan, which results may be shared with the Parties and Game Plan partners in an aggregated and masked form only
- To allow you to comment
- To administer research on our audience in order to improve
- To provide an enhanced user experience
Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation
The Parties are committed to meet the requirements of Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation, including through any commercial electronic messages sent by the Parties and/or Game Plan to you and/or your friend. You may “Unsubscribe” of receiving such any applicable communications from the Parties and/or Game Plan at any time and your electronic address will be removed from our databases.
Personal information of Children?
The Parties are strongly committed to protecting the online privacy of children under the age of 18. Parents and legal guardians are strongly recommended to monitor the use of the internet by their children.
How do we use certain technologies on our Website?
Links to other sites
How long do we retain your personal information?
How do we ensure accuracy of your personal information?
How do we protect your personal information?
The Parties endeavour to maintain appropriate procedural and technological measures and storage facilities to prevent any unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information. Parties are taking commercial reasonable efforts to protect any personal information that is provided to it through this Website. We cannot, however, guarantee the security of any personal information provided to us in an email or in online form while it is being transmitted to us, as the internet is a potentially non-secure method of information transfer. Any such transmission is at your own risk.
How can you access or correct your personal information?
How to limit the use and disclosure of your personal information?
You may withdraw at any time your consent to our use and disclosure of certain personal information by notifying us in writing through email at [email protected]. Please note that your withdrawal request may take up to 30 days to implement. Note that withdrawing your consent may preclude us from providing you with certain information or may prevent your use of certain features and functionalities of this Website or Game Plan program.
Questions or Concerns